Strategic Communication Skills Advance Your Career
The avenues for business communication have diversified and become more dependent on social media and other digital communication mediums. To succeed, you need an advanced understanding of strategic communication across traditional and digital platforms. You will also need to understand how to convey an organization’s brand and image efficiently and effectively to a variety of audiences. Fortunately, Purdue’s online MS in Communication degree gives you the skills necessary to become successful in jobs as a communications professional.
The skills you will acquire are highly applicable to career advancement in a variety fields, such as:
- Public relations
You will be able to use your advanced communication skills to align your interests with your career goals. An MS in Communication will open up numerous career opportunities, including:
- Director of Corporate Communications
- Marketing and Advertising Strategist
- Market Researcher
- Public Relations (PR) Manager
- Public Information Officer
- Community Relations Manager
- Communications Consultant
Amplify: Your Marketability with a Communication Degree
The online Master of Science in Communication degree program from Purdue University helps you obtain an advanced mastery of communication theory and strategy, both of which are indispensable for career success. Strategic communications professionals are highly sought after and very well compensated, as evident by these figures from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS):
- PR and Fundraising Managers – Careers are projected to expand by 13 percent over the next decade. In May 2014, the BLS reported that the average salary for PR and fundraising managers was $115,400.
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers – Careers are projected to expand by 12 percent over the next decade. In May 2014, the BLS reported that the average salary for advertising, promotions, and marketing managers was $114,700.
Consider that the yearly salary difference for marketing managers who hold a Masters of Science in Communication is nearly 40 percent greater than individuals in the same role who hold only a baccalaureate degree. Pursuing your online MS in Communication from Purdue University is an investment in your career that can net substantial ROI by increasing both the number of job opportunities and your lifetime earning potential.
Take the Next Step in Your Career
Discover how to leverage communication correctly and make the most out of your career with Purdue’s online MS in Communication degree program. To learn more about the online MS in Communication program, call 877-497-5851 to speak to an admissions advisor or click here to request more information.