All applicants must complete the following items to be considered for admission to the online MS in Hospitality and Tourism Management program from Purdue:
- A telephone interview with an admissions adviser
- An updated resume
- Three to five years of professional experience, with at least three years in a managerial role
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities.
- A 500 word minimum personal statement that outlines your professional background and future goals. Your Admissions Advisor will provide additional details
- A completed application form.
- A $60 application fee ($75 international).
Please contact an admissions counselor to discuss your specific admissions requirements. Admission into the MS in Hospitality and Tourism Management program is based upon the above criteria, as well as individual experience and the applicant’s “fit” with the program.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
In addition to the processes above, international applicants must also provide the following:
- Official transcripts or diplomas in the original language, and in the English translation, if the higher-education institution was in a non-English-speaking country.
- The TWE for Non-Native English Speakers, if your first language is not English.
- Students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL, IELTS or PT Academic and have the score requirements outlined below.
The score requirements for the MS in Hospitality and Tourism Management program are as follows: