C. B. Smith Professor of Hotel Management
Dr. Adler is an international professor of hotel management whose area of research focuses on improving employee training, mentoring and development to ensure future leaders of the industry are ready to excel. He’s helped take Purdue’s curriculum to an international level, and has used sabbaticals to teach across the globe.
Dr. Adler started teaching at Purdue in 1982 and has conducted research in the areas of human resources and organizational behavior. He strongly believes in research that provides a direct benefit to the hotel and restaurant industry.
Specifically, much of Dr. Adler’s research focuses on employee training, mentoring, and development, recognizing this is a vital industry process to keep the pipeline of future leaders filled. He has published over 50 papers in academic and industry journals and given dozens of presentations at national and international conferences on issues related to the hotel industry that focus on human resources and organizational topics. He also serves as founder and editor of the Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism as well as the Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research.
While at Purdue, Dr. Adler has been strongly involved in internationalizing the curriculum — developing a study abroad component that enables students to experience the globalization of the hospitality and tourism industry first-hand. He has led 19 programs and developed many others to locations all over the world. Dr. Adler spent a year teaching at the South China University of Technology, and a year at the University of Puerto Rico while on sabbaticals, and has taken shorter terms of assignments at universities around the world, including the Macau Institute of Tourism.
- PhD in Higher Education and Student Counseling, University of Mississippi, Oxford
- MS in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Florida International University, Miami
- BS in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Florida International University, Miami
- Employee engagement and wellbeing
- Mentoring and employee development
- Managerial altruism and leadership
- Employee onboarding and orientation
- Employee embeddedness
- Employee feedback systems
- Employee assistance programs
- Hotel rating systems and evaluations
For more information on Dr. Adler, including professional publications and honors and awards, click here.