Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Digital tools help you to teach and train more effectively, resulting in engaged students, improved learning outcomes, and more opportunities for individual assessment. In EDCI 56000 Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning, you’ll practice using digital skills and tools, and apply them in a real-world environment.
What You’ll Learn in EDCI 56000
This course addresses the fundamentals of educational and learning technologies within the traditional classroom and the corporate/business training environments. You will explore and evaluate various tools and technologies to determine how, when, and why such technologies can and should be infused into normal, hybrid, or fully-online learning situations. The goal of the course is to help you plan, implement, and evaluate technology for teaching and learning.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Models of technology integration
- Research, social bookmarking and notes tools
- Brainstorming, concept maps and flow chart tools
- Video and audio tools
- Presentation software
- Website development
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of ECDI 56000 Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning, you will be able to:
- Operate various software and technology apps and use them to access, generate and present information effectively.
- Use technology to communicate, collaborate, conduct research and solve problems.
- Apply technology resources and other media formats equitably, ethically and legally.
- Plan and deliver short instructional lessons that integrate a variety of software, applications and tools.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology curriculum from Purdue University, including Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.