Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
New technologies are evolving the way we learn. As educators discover innovative methods to enhance their instructional message through technology, they’re also finding a need for the evaluation of its effectiveness. In EDCI 56400 Integration and Management of Computers in Education, you’ll explore important issues associated with the integration and management of technology in education.
What You’ll Learn in EDCI 56400
This course focuses on the techniques and challenges related to integrating computers into educational environments. Class activities are designed to model educational applications of technology, while class projects allow you to develop skills and knowledge in areas of personal need or interest. This course will help you develop an understanding of important issues associated with the integration and management of technology in education and to effectively plan, implement, and evaluate technology-based instruction.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Integrating Technology in a Meaningful Way
- Engaging Learners through Inquiry and Design Communication, Community Building and Collaboration through Technology
- Mindtools and Modeling with Technology
- Assessing Meaningful Learning with Technologies and Instructional Decisions Based on Data
- Security and Information Assurance Issues & Technology
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of ECI 56400 Integration and Management of Computers in Education, you will be able to:
- Apply educational technology to enhance your own professional growth and productivity.
- Use technology to communicate, collaborate, conduct research, and solve problems.
- Apply the information from this course into authentic settings.
- Successfully integrate technology into different forms of instruction.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology curriculum from Purdue University, including Integration and Management of Computers in Education, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.