Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
The field of education is rapidly becoming a dynamic opportunity for interactive instruction. As emerging technologies, theories, and procedures arise, educators are embracing more systematic techniques that encourage interaction in the classroom and workplace. In EDCI 57200, you’ll learn major systematic concepts that you can use in your instructional design models for inspiring interactive education.
What You’ll Learn in EDCI 57200
This course examines the processes of instructional design within a project-based context. A primary focus is on creation of effective learning design strategies that are motivating, efficient, and effective.
Throughout the course, you’ll combine emphasis on effective design with emphasis on project management, planning and implementation. Weekly discussions on timely topics will allow you to interact with fellow classmates and enhance your own learning experience. The final group project, where you’ll complete a full design portfolio, will put your knowledge into practice and showcase your skills in learning design demonstrating a complete application of the Dick and Carey model.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Performance Analysis vs Needs Assessment
- Learner/Context Analysis and Objectives
- Assessment and Instructional Strategy
- Instructional Design in Practice
- Summative Evaluation
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of EDCI 57200 Learning Systems Design, you will be able to:
- Describe and apply the components of a systematic design process, their rationales, and uses.
- Use a systematic design process and instructional psychology principles in performing an analysis of learning context, analysis of learners, and analysis of learning tasks. You’ll also use these principles in design and development of assessments, and in design of formative and summative evaluation of the instruction itself.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology curriculum from Purdue University, including Learning Systems Design, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.