Meet the Challenge
Today’s successful business and industry organizations face challenges that can only be met by enterprise-scalable problem-solving strategies and knowledge for the management of new technologies. Forward-thinking organizations need leaders who possess knowledge of recent advancements in the management, development and innovation of technology systems.
A graduate program offering of the Purdue Polytechnic Institute, the MS in Engineering Technology program is designed to develop not only deep technical knowledge, applied skills and relevant experiences in the engineering technology discipline, but also the problem-solving, critical thinking, innovation and communication skills sought by industries and communities.
Designed for working professionals with a BS in engineering technology, engineering, science, information technology or business, this master’s degree in engineering technology prepares career advancers in manufacturing and related industries to make high-impact contributions in the field of engineering technology.
A Program Engineered to be Different
For this innovative program, you will develop your ability to connect engineering, technology, and/or science with practical applications to become an agile technology leader. The real-world knowledge you gain will be immediately applicable to your current role, while also positioning you for future advancement. You will:
- Acquire agile strategy application knowledge and learn from global case studies to gain real-world problem-solving skills.
- Study a dynamic curriculum that constantly adapts to reflect current and future industry trends.
- Learn from experienced faculty with business and industry experience, as well as from fellow students who are also industry professionals.
- Learn “smart manufacturing” techniques to analyze data and manage processes better for greater control as a manager of technology.
- Focus on cybersecurity and industrial espionage related to manufacturing.
Purdue: The Engineering Technology Leader
When you earn your online MS from Purdue University, you also benefit from studying with the nation’s leader in engineering technology education. Purdue is ranked:
- #1 in Engineering Technology Enrollment in the U.S. — American Society of Engineering Education
- #1 in Female Graduates in Engineering Technology — American Society of Engineering Education
- One of America’s Top 25 Public Universities — U.S. News & World Report
- No. 4 University Ranked by Recruiters — The Wall Street Journal
Gain Essential and Directly Applicable Knowledge
Upon completion of Purdue’s online MS in Engineering Technology degree program, students will be able to:
- Design and guide complex collaborations to drive optimal innovation and technical solutions in the workplace.
- Apply an agile approach to achieving strategic outcomes.
- Understand the value of economic evaluation of energy audit training, by identification and analysis of energy saving opportunities of commercial/industrial systems.
- Learn and apply best practices of advanced networked systems that combine sensors, data, models and algorithms to improve efficiency, process flows and product quality across interconnected new and legacy equipment.
- Understand the interaction of engineering/professional ethics, project management and cultural diversity in the workplace, and apply it globally.
- Perform due diligence in investigating potential solutions by mining data and reporting valid quantitative or qualitative results to create a comprehensive proposal.
- Competently judge enterprise cybersecurity and industrial espionage risks, including the value of utilizing the Internet of Things.
- Understand operation and maintenance processes for modern high-performance buildings, including indoor air quality and cost-effective renewable energy savings measures in commercial and industrial facilities.
Advance Your Career
Graduates of this program will be prepared for leadership or advanced technical positions in industry, academia and government in applied research, solution development, entrepreneurial ventures and management. Typical roles include but are not limited to:
- Facilities Manager/Director
- Facilities Engineer
- Facilities Planner
- Sustainability Manager/Director
- Manager, Information Technology Systems
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Systems Security Manager
- IT Audit Manager
- Quality Assurance Analyst/Manager
- Network Administrator
- Systems Analyst/administrator
- Database Administrator
- ERP Systems Administrator
- Systems Automation Engineer- Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Manager
- Continuous Improvement Manager/Director
- Logistics Manager/Director
- Supply Chain Manager/Director
- Inventory & Production Control Manager
- Materials Management Manager/Director
- Quality Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Product Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
Join the Vanguard of Engineering Technology
Your MS in Engineering Technology from Purdue University will give you knowledge that puts you at the forefront of emerging areas such as project management, sustainable energy, agile strategy and smart manufacturing. Our graduate alumni are employed at Fortune 500 companies and other leading organizations such as:
- Cummins Engine
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
- Delco Electronics
- Motorola Solutions
- Eli Lilly
- Northern Telecom
- Tesla Motors
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Johnson & Johnson
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive
- Ingersoll Rand
- Epic Corporation
- Hendrickson International
- Nucor Steel
Our online Engineering Technology degree prepares you for a high-impact future as an engineering technology leader. Call us today at 877-497-5851 or complete the request more information form and an admissions advisor will contact you.
Currently the first start for the MS in Engineering Technology program is planned for August 2017. The program is still pending official review and approval, and the date(s) on which that review is completed will determine exact program rates and start dates.