Dr. Shu-Mei Sass has a successful history of marketing in both the nonprofit and for-profit arenas. She has a strong interest in service learning and STEM — developing tools for students of all ages and faculty to use in their projects and courses. She also likes to explore the topics of corporate volunteerism and mindfulness in the workplace.
Dr. Shu-Mei Sass has a professional history that includes teaching foundational courses in ethics and cultural diversity, leadership, and communications. She develops service-learning projects for STEM courses for faculty to implement into their courses and continues to publish books about service-learning and reflection as tools that K-12 and college students can utilize in developing their own service-learning projects. Recent projects include developing interactive displays at the Discovery Science Center and writing children books for low-income bookmobiles.
Prior to working in higher education, Dr. Shu-Mei Sass was the marketing director of a software company and the executive director of the Asian Business Association and the Long Beach Strategic Marketing, Inc. — two nonprofit organizations in Los Angeles.
- PhD in Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Boise State University
- JD in Law, Western State University College of Law
- MA in Communication, University of Nevada
- BA in Criminal Justice, University of Nevada
- Service-learning and STEM
- Mindfulness in the workplace
- Corporate volunteerism
- Multiculturalism in higher education
- Service-learning and technology
- Service-learning and social media