Associate Professor, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Dr. Sydnor’s vast professional experience includes 20 years with The Burger King Corporation and 10 years in advertising and market-research firms. She’s founded and managed her own market research firm and focuses her research in the user’s experience and community engagement.
Dr. Sandra Sydnor, an Associate Professor of Hospitality and Tourism Management, received her BS from Michigan State University (Engineering); her MBA from The University of Miami (FL); and her PhD in Hospitality Management from The Ohio State University.
Dr. Sydnor professional experience includes over twenty years of Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) corporate and franchisee experience with The Burger King Corporation and ten years in advertising and market research firms. She’s founded and managed a consumer marketing research consulting firm, and has invested over fifteen years in higher education — teaching and researching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Dr. Sydnor’s primary research interests include industry, community, and family-business resilience as well as service management and creating positive an effective user experiences.
- PhD in Hospitality Management, The Ohio State University
- MBA with an Entrepreneurship Concentration, University of Miami (FL)
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Michigan State University
- User experience and service management (retail & healthcare)
- Small firm and community resilience to natural disasters
- Service learning and community engagement
For more information on Dr. Sydnor, including professional publications and honors and awards, click here.