Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
The need to design outstanding e-learning experiences continually increases with the ever-growing demand for online learning. Digital tools expand the roles of traditional instruction and provide new and exciting learning opportunities to students. In EDCI 56900, Introduction to E-Learning, you’ll learn the keys to effective e-learning and develop your own e-learning prototype.
What You’ll Learn in EDCI 56900
This course examines how the design and development of instruction are impacted by the use of a computer as a delivery system. A primary focus is on effective learning design strategies for computer-mediated instruction.
You’ll identify and apply effective design with an emphasis on project management, planning, and implementation issues. Education or training materials will be developed using appropriate authoring tools as determined by the instructional context. You’ll design an original lesson or unit of instruction for Web-based delivery in your discipline, and will design, implement, and evaluate an online lesson or unit with team members.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Instructional Design Process
- Knowledge vs Skills in the Information Age
- Technology Considerations and Motivation
- Social Networking and Social Learning
- Storyboards and Wireframes
- Assessments and Strategies
- Usability Analysis
- Formative and Summative Evaluation
- From Design to Development
- Instructional Design Project Management
- Instructional Design Teams and Peer Feedback
- Visual Design
- Design Evaluation Practices
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of EDCI 56900 Introduction to E-Learning, you will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate sound design processes for e-learning
- Understand and implement instructional and learning theory relevant to creating effective e-learning.
- Design, develop, and evaluate an effective e-learning product.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology curriculum from Purdue University, including Introduction to E-Learning, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.