What You’ll Learn in EDPS 53300
This course focuses on various methodologies commonly used in educational research as well as different approaches to data analysis. Along with gaining a comprehensive overview of standard processes for data collection and analysis, you will practice evaluating research conclusions using careful scrutiny and the application of the appropriate research theory.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Experimental design
- Standard deviation and standardizing scores
- Power analysis
- Inferential statistics
- Research scenarios and graphs
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of EDPS 53300 Introduction to Educational Research I: Methodology, you will be able to:
- Read and critique educational research.
- Find appropriate and relevant research literature.
- Design, conduct, analyze and write a research project.
- Expand your knowledge of at least one research area in education.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.