Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
The accurate evaluation of a project or program is critical to determining its success and continuation in the professional world. In EDCI 57700 Strategic Assessment and Evaluation, you’ll prepare to design assessment and evaluation plans for a variety of work by learning evaluation strategies and assessment tools and techniques.
What You’ll Learn in EDCI 57700
The purpose of this course is to begin developing an expertise in assessment and evaluation of learning and performance interventions in any organization. Topics will focus on evaluating and assessing training or learning programs.
You’ll research various assessment and evaluation theories and approaches, and will design assessment and evaluation tools, products, and protocols while completing projects.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Strategic evaluation
- Planning an evaluation
- Measuring reaction
- Measuring learning
- Behavior/Application/Transfer of what’s learned
- Results and ROI
- Evaluation planning across the levels
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of EDCI 57700 Strategic Assessment and Evaluation, you will be able to:
- Define assessment and evaluation from a variety of perspectives.
- Compare and contrast evaluation terms, models, and frameworks.
- Identify elements of evaluation design.
- Identify and develop instruments and tools in support of an evaluation design.
- Critically analyze the Kirkpatrick evaluation framework.
- Research and present an evaluation design document for a specific context or type of project.
- Develop an evaluation plan for an actual project or program.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology curriculum from Purdue University, including Strategic Assessment and Evaluation, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions representative or request more information.