All applicants must submit the following items and complete these steps to be considered for admission to the online MS in Engineering Technology program at Purdue:
- Three years of relevant professional experience
- A telephone interview with an admissions adviser
- An updated resume
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities
- A 500-word (minimum) personal statement that outlines your professional background and future goals. Your admissions adviser will provide additional details.
- A completed application
- A $60 application fee ($75 international)
Admission into the MS in Engineering Technology program is based on the above criteria, as well as individual experience and the applicant’s “fit” with the program.
Requirements For International Students
In addition to the processes above, international applicants must also provide:
- Scores from a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) that are less than 5 years old. Purdue University's code for the GRE application is 1631, scores must be sent electronically.
- Official university transcripts and diplomas from all universities attended in the original language as well as English translation for transcripts and diplomas not in English.
- The TWE for Non-Native English Speakers, if your first language is not English.
Students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL, IELTS or PT Academic and have the score requirements outlined below.
The score requirements for the MS in Engineering Technology program are as follows:
|ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS|
|TOEFL (less than two years old)|
|Paper-Based (PBT)||Minimum of 550|
|Internet-Based (IBT)||Overall Score Required 77|
|Section Minimum Requirements|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE)|