All applicants must complete the following items to be considered for admission to the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology program from Purdue:
- A telephone interview with an admissions adviser
- An updated resume
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities
- A 500 word minimum personal statement that outlines your professional background and future goals. Your admissions adviser will provide additional details
- A completed application form
- A $60 application fee ($75 international)
- Scores from a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) that are less than 5 years old
- Purdue University’s code for the GRE application is 1631, scores must be sent electronically.
- The GRE may not be required under the following conditions:
- Applicant already possesses an advanced degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and graduated with a cumulative grade-point average that is a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant’s undergraduate cumulative grade-point average is a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Please contact an admissions counselor to discuss your specific admissions requirements.
Requirements for International Students
International applicants must provide the following information during the application process, in addition to the materials outlined above.
- Scores from a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) that are less than 5 years old. Purdue University's code for the GRE application is 1631, scores must be sent electronically.
- For those who attended higher education institutions in non-English-speaking countries, official university transcripts or diplomas, in the original language and in English translation.
- Students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL, IELTS or PT Academic.
The score requirements for the MSEd in Learning Design and Technology program are as follows:
|ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS|
|TOEFL (less than two years old)|
|Paper-Based (PBT)||Minimum of 550|
|Internet-Based (IBT)||Overall Score Required 77|
|Section Minimum Requirements|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE)|
Admission into the Master’s in Learning Design and Technology program is based upon the above criteria, as well as individual experience and the applicant’s “fit” with the program.