Online Master of Business Administration
Purdue University West Lafayette (Main Campus)
Take the Next Giant Leap in Your Career
Earn your MBA 100% online from the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University, a leading STEM institution recognized for the persistent pursuit of innovation and excellence in business and technology.
Get ready to make your mark. Prepare for your next career success — online, on your terms.
#8 School for Innovation
U.S. News & World Report named Purdue among the most innovative institutions in the nation for improvements in curriculum, faculty, students and technology.¹
A Top Producer of Fortune 500 CEOs
In 2018, Purdue was ranked #6 for colleges that produce the most Fortune 500 CEOs.² We are also top 20 for the most graduates working at the leading Fortune 500 companies.3
Earn a data- and technology-driven MBA from Purdue, a top 10 public university in the U.S. Purdue is also ranked #7 for Best Value, delivering both quality and affordability.4
Become part of Purdue University’s international network of successful alumni. Together, we apply our education to make a giant impact locally, nationally and globally.
About the Purdue Online MBA
Develop the analytical, strategic and problem-solving expertise you need to lead teams and organizations. Learn how dynamic global environments are transforming modern business, and gain the management skills to tackle new challenges, drive change and inspire others. You'll experience an AACSB-accredited, quant-based curriculum that empowers you to ask the right questions while turning data into knowledge.
The Purdue Online MBA Offers:
- Highest ROI: Increase your marketability and earning potential with Purdue, ranked among the colleges that “pay off the most.”5
- Balance: While you can complete your courses online when it’s convenient for you, you’ll also have 1-on-1 support from faculty who host virtual sessions and office hours.
- Community: Learn from our esteemed faculty in a connected, collaborative online environment, where you still get the full, immersive Purdue student experience. Join Purdue’s worldwide network of students from 135+ countries.
- Growth and Support: Work closely with a certified Executive Coach from the Krannert Professional Development Center who provides specialized support in achieving your career goals. You’ll also enjoy 1-on-1 guidance from a Student Success Coach who’s dedicated to your educational and career advancement.
About Krannert School of Management
Purdue’s Krannert School of Management is part of one of the world’s preeminent engineering, science and technology universities. Our graduates are immediately prepared to contribute and possess the leadership skills to advance their careers, initiate progress and innovation in their fields, and build a better world.
Krannert School of Management’s faculty, staff, students and alumni push the boundaries of knowledge and together solve the world’s most complex problems every day. With its worldwide reputation, Purdue’s Krannert School of Management is proud to report that its student population is one of the most internationally diverse of any U.S. management school.
A “Brand That Matters”
Purdue was recently named in Fast Company’s inaugural class of “Brands That Matter,” honoring organizations that offer inspiration and give others a reason to care. Measured by relevancy, cultural impact, ingenuity and business impact, Purdue is proud to be the sole university to join internationally recognized brands like Nike, Zoom, Yeti and other influential organizations who made the 2021 list. Come experience the Boilermaker brand of business!
In The News
What Our Students Say
“Purdue was one of the few high-ranking schools that offered a fully remote program, and I wanted the flexibility to continue my work and personal goals in addition to obtaining my MBA.”
Purdue University Online MBA Graduate, 2021
Application review emphasizes your work experience, prior undergraduate academic record and professional training and test scores. To be considered for the Purdue Online MBA program, you may be asked to complete an interview with the program manager, and you will be required to submit all the items below:
- Statement of purpose (SOP) introducing yourself to the Admissions Committee (500 words max). Some topics you may wish to discuss include a brief summary of your academic and professional background, reason for seeking the Purdue Online Master of Business Administration, desired career path after graduation and thoughts on giving back as a student and as an alumnus.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Team/Cohort Approach essay
- Professional resume with education, work experience and training
- Official transcripts for every higher education institution attended. Please note: All transcripts and/or academic documents uploaded by the applicant to the online application system are considered unofficial. Please order your transcripts to be sent directly from your institution to the Purdue University Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interview feedback
- Optional: Diversity Essay and Additional Contributions essay
The GMAT/GRE exam requirement will be temporarily waived for students starting the Online MBA program in January 2023. Students are encouraged to submit their score if they feel it will support their consideration for admission.
When completing your application for the Purdue master of business administration online program, select the following:
- Graduate major: Management (MBA)
- An area of interest
- Degree objective: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Course delivery method: Distance (online or off-campus location)
- Your desired entry term (note: deadlines subject to change)
- Spring Term: January 9, 2023 (application deadline – November 28, 2022)
- Summer Term: May 1, 2023 (application deadline – April 3, 2023)
- Fall Term: August 21, 2023 (application deadline – July 24, 2023)
- All applicants must upload to the online application transcript(s) and/or academic document(s) for every institution of higher education attended. If a transcript and diploma/degree certificate is not in English, an English translation (certified by the college or university that issued it) must be uploaded.
- The uploaded transcript and/or academic document must be from the official version of the document. An official transcript bears the original signature of the registrar and/or the original seal of the issuing institution.
- If personal identifying information such as a student identification number or social security number appear on the document, REMOVE THIS INFORMATION from your electronic version of your document or mark out the information in black ink before scanning your document.
All transcripts and/or academic documents uploaded by the applicant to the online application system are considered unofficial. Please order your transcripts to be sent directly from your institution to the Purdue University Graduate School at email@example.com. The Purdue University Graduate School reserves the right to require official transcripts and/or academic documents at any time during the admissions process.
Letters of Recommendation
- Two online recommendations are required for your application to be received.
- Recommendations will only be accepted through the online application (no paper recommendations will be accepted).
- We prefer that recommenders be employers who are able to render an opinion on the basis of close, current and sustained observation. We strongly urge (but do not require) that one recommendation be from your direct supervisor. Recommendations from friends, family members, acquaintances and other sources unable to evaluate professional or academic qualifications for MBA study are not acceptable. No more than two recommendations are needed. We require that recommenders submit the recommendations online (instructions to do so are provided within the online application). Please note that we will not receive your application until at least two registered recommenders have submitted recommendations through the online application.
Statement of Purpose (500 words max)
Introduce yourself to the Admissions Committee. Some topics you may wish to discuss include a brief summary of your academic and professional background, reason for seeking the Purdue Online Master of Business Administration, desired career path after graduation and thoughts on giving back as a student and as an alumnus.
Team/Cohort Approach (600 words max)
What are your expectations of a peer- and team-based learning environment in which you go through a program with a major team-based component? (As part of your answer, please mention what skills you bring to working within such an approach, with an emphasis on how you best learn and how you help others learn.)
Diversity (500 words max)
Describe your leadership, work experience, service experience or other significant involvement with racial, ethnic, socio-economic or educational communities that have traditionally been underrepresented in higher education, and how these experiences would promote a diversity of views, experiences, and ideas in the pursuit of research, scholarship, and creative excellence.
Additional Contributions (300 words max)
If you feel there are any parts of your application that require additional explanation or if there is any additional information you wish to share to help us fully understand your application, please share that information within this essay. Scholarships may be available; please indicate in the optional essay any an interest in scholarships.
Personalize Your Degree Plan
It’s Your MBA on Your Terms
Design your own plan of study to fit your individual needs and goals. Graduate in as few as two years, or lighten your course load and take more time. For busy adults balancing work and school, it’s important to be able to slow down when you need to—or speed up when life allows.
You can also customize your degree by choosing from a wide range of courses that best align to your career plans. Want to further hone your expertise? Add a specialization in one of four high-demand areas, such as Business Analytics and Global Supply Chain Management.
Ready to Take Your Next Giant Leap?
NOTES AND CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ
1 Innovative Institutions: Source: U.S. News & World Report, on the internet at https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/innovative
2 Most Fortune 500 CEOs: Source: Kittleman & Associates (tie), on the internet at https://www.kittlemansearch.com/news-blog/colleges-that-produce-the-most-ceos/
3 Graduates at Fortune 500 Companies: Source: Forbes, on the internet at https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltnietzel/2021/09/04/the-universities-with-the-most-graduates-working-at-top-fortune-500-companies/
4 Top 10 Public University: Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education, on the internet at https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-public-universities-united-states; #7 for Value: The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education, on the internet at https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-rankings-list-2022-11632246093
5 Top ROI: CNBC Make It, on the internet at https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/28/the-top-50-us-colleges-that-pay-off-the-most-in-2020.html
6 Tuition rate excludes fees. Tuition and fees are subject to increase based on approval by the Purdue University Board of Trustees. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
7 Deposit is applied toward the first semester's tuition upon enrollment.