All applicants must submit the following items to be considered for admission to the online MSEd in Special Education program from Purdue:
- A telephone interview with an Admissions Advisor
- An updated resume
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities
- A 500 word minimum personal statement that outlines your professional background and future goals. Your Admissions Advisor will provide additional details
- A completed application form
- A $60 application fee ($75 international)
- Scores from a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) that are less than 5 years old
- Purdue University’s code for the GRE application is 1631, scores must be sent electronically.
- The GRE may not be required under the following conditions:
- Applicant already possesses an advanced degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and graduated with a cumulative grade-point average that is a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant’s undergraduate cumulative grade-point average is a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Additional and/or alternate testing may be required depending on program track, please contact an admissions counselor to discuss your specific admissions requirements. Testing options for Basic Skills Assessment can be found here.
Requirements for International Students
International applicants must provide the following information during the application process, in addition to the materials outlined above.
- Scores from a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) that are less than 5 years old. Purdue University's code for the GRE application is 1631, scores must be sent electronically.
- Official university transcripts and diplomas from all universities attended in the original language as well as English translation for transcripts and diplomas not in English.
- Students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL or IELTS.
The score requirements for the MSEd in Special Education program are as follows:
|ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS|
|TOEFL (less than two years old)|
|Internet-Based (IBT)||Paper-Based (PBT)|
|IELTS (less than two years old)|
Admission into the MSEd in Special Education program is based upon the above criteria, as well as individual experience and the applicant’s “fit” with the program.