Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Transition is a vital component of all of our lives, but even more so for students with disabilities and their families. In 56510 Collaboration and Transition, you’ll learn the strategies that will help you coordinate a variety of services and providers to enhance the learning potential and vocational possibilities of students with disabilities.
You’ll explore the benefits of sharing the teaching role within a classroom to address the needs of every student. You’ll identify ways to help students transition from classroom to classroom, and from a learning environment to the world of adulthood. You’ll learn how to assess a student’s abilities and vocational aptitudes that will help them lead a successful and fulfilling life.
What You’ll Learn in EDPS 56510
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop and apply your understanding of concepts of transition and collaboration in the field of special education. You’ll explore highly effective ways of collaborating with teachers, parents and other service providers.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Collaboration and Co-Teaching
- Special Education Teachers as Leaders
- Introduction to Transition
- Assessment and Instructional Strategies for Transition
- Transition Across the Lifespan
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of EDPS 56510, you will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the special education teacher as a leader and collaborator.
- Develop co-teaching lesson plans.
- Identify personality traits.
- Develop a Transition Plan.
- Develop a Transition Portfolio.
- Understand interagency collaboration.
- Understand eligibility vs. entitlement programs.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Special Education curriculum from Purdue University, including Collaboration and Transition, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.