Dr. Rachael Kenney is an Associate Professor in Mathematics Education in the Curriculum and Instruction program at Purdue University. She’s won numerous teaching awards throughout her career, most recently two from Purdue University: the Spira Teaching Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Department of Mathematics in 2015, and the Teaching Academy Fellow in 2016. She’s also a past recipient of the Service, Teaching, and Research, (STaR) for Early Career Mathematics Educators Fellowship from the National Science Foundation.
- Ph.D. — Mathematics Education, North Carolina State University
- M.S. — Applied Mathematics, University of Dayton
- B.S. — Mathematics, University of Dayton
- Writing and reflection in the learning of mathematics
- The academic language of mathematics
- Students’ and teachers’ anticipatory and reflective practices in learning and teaching mathematics
For more information on Professor Kenney, including professional publications and honors and awards, visit her full profile.