Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Designing instructional projects can be a complicated process that involves multiple steps and stakeholders. Project management can help define, coordinate and guide a project to completion within a specified time period and budget. In EDCI 62700 Instructional Design Project Management, you will learn to translate project management standards, procedures and tasks to the instructional design environment according to the needs of the specific project.
What You'll Learn in EDCI 62700
This course focuses on the application of project management ideas, concepts, and strategies in instructional design settings. You will be asked to consider the relationship between instructional design and project management, tools that can assist with managing instructional design projects, and factors influencing the instructional design project management process. You will explore these topics by creating deliverables for instructional design cases and other interactive assignments.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Project management basics
- The relationship between project management and instructional design
- The factors that affect project management
- The role of instructional designers in project management
- The importance of communication and collaboration in ID project management
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of EDCI 62700 Instructional Design Project Management, you will be able to:
- Identify and use common project management terminology.
- Explain the role of an instructional designer in project management.
- Analyze and apply project management concepts and ideas to real-world instructional design problems.
- Use project management tools in the development of instructional design planning.
- Analyze the importance of interpersonal skills in project management instructional design initiatives.
- Discuss factors that can affect management of an instructional design project and suggest possible solutions.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology curriculum from Purdue University, including Instructional Design Project Management, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.