Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 1 credit
Obtaining foundational knowledge and defining expectations—knowing what to expect, and what’s expected of you—are important factors in having a positive learning experience. It’s especially critical to the success of an online learning environment. EDCI 66000A Learning Design and Technology Seminar I paves your path for success by exploring the online learning process and the requirements for your MSEd in Learning Design and Technology (LDT).
What You’ll Learn in EDCI 66000A
This self-paced LDT boot camp is designed to help you to understand the knowledge and skills necessary for successful online learning in the Learning Design and Technology program.
In this orientation, you’ll discover what online learning entails and reflect on how you can best set yourself up to succeed in your studies. You’ll also explore various learning strategies and the online resources you can utilize in your courses.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Career Goals
- Student Experiences
- Entertaining Online Videos
- A Teacher’s Impact
- Annotated Bibliographies
- Student Disposition and Ettiquette
- Plan of Study to Graduate School
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of EDCI 66000A Learning Design and Technology Seminar I, you will be able to:
- Familiarize yourself with resources available to support your progression through the Learning Design and Technology (LDT) Masters program.
- Learn the specifics of the LDT Masters program and its requirements, including reviewing targeted learning competencies, portfolio requirements, program faculty, and the graduate handbook. You’ll also create a draft of your personal plan of study.
- Examine skills and approaches to learning critical to your success as a student in the online program. These include effective time management, avoiding plagiarism, utilizing proper online etiquette, and incorporating a positive disposition in your interactions with peer students, faculty and staff.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information
To learn more about the online MSEd in Learning Design and Technology curriculum from Purdue University, including Learning Design and Technology Seminar I, call (877) 497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.