Set Up Every Student To Be a Successful Learner
Research demonstrates that when social justice issues, strength-based approaches, and K-12 STEM education are included in the development and teaching of curriculum, long-term student success is greater. So whether you evaluate, implement or instruct curriculum, understanding how new methodologies and current theories in these topics relate to your role is vital to your students’ ability to learn.
Choose a Top-Ranked Curriculum & Instruction Program You Can Afford
Purdue’s Online Master of Science in Education ranked #1 in value for an online degree1, and the College of Education is ranked nationally at #21 for Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News and World Report. This master’s in curriculum and instruction is backed by extensive research, taught by world-renowned faculty, and at just $329.05 per credit hour for in–state tuition, has a tuition you can afford.
Use Curriculum Development in Education to Advance Your Role
Through the online Master in Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Purdue University, you’ll learn to maximize the role you play in the curriculum lifecycle and develop students who thrive in the classroom and love to learn.
- Teachers. Meet new demands for leadership capabilities and learn how teaching with a student-centered approach helps everyone in your classroom learn.
- Teacher Leaders. Curriculum Coordinators/Coaches. Learn new technological innovations, education theories, implementation procedures, and a variety of measures to assess student learning.
- Curriculum Administrators. Understand new research and methodologies to develop or evaluate new curriculum.
Learn on Your Own Schedule
Earning your master’s degree in curriculum and instruction online allows you to learn at a top-ranked university without having to relocate or dedicate time to commuting. Its asynchronous environment means that you can “attend class” where and when it’s most convenient to you.
Gain New Curriculum Skills Critical in Classrooms
Purdue’s curriculum and instruction program equips you with advanced skills and experiences in evaluating, creating, and teaching curriculum. As a graduate, you’ll be able to understand, conduct and communicate research to your colleagues, local policy makers, administrators, and the community to create successful learning opportunities for your students.
- Develop a critical understanding of changing demographics and the diversity of students, schools, and communities to better serve their educational needs.
- Advocate for values of diversity, inclusivity, and social justice.
- Deepen your understanding of educational trends and policies and their impacts on the students and communities they serve.
- Strengthen disciplinary and transdisciplinary knowledge.
- Mentor, coach, and collaborate with colleagues to encourage them to enact their roles as leaders.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholders, including colleagues, parents, administrators, media, and policy-makers.
- Develop strategies for sustained resilience in addressing ongoing opportunities and challenges.
Choose a Career-Focused Concentration
To help teachers step into leadership roles and meet the growing diversity of classrooms, we offer four concentrations.
- English Language Learning
Provide high-quality language and content-area instruction for students learning English as an additional language in the U.S. (one of the fastest-growing and most diverse populations in the U.S.) and around the world. This concentration offers licensure preparation for teachers in Indiana or an optional graduate certificate.
- Gifted, Creative, and Talented Studies
Serve gifted, creative, and talented students while learning a strengths-based talent-development model that helps all students realize their full potential. This concentration offers licensure preparation for teachers in Indiana or an optional graduate certificate.
- Mathematics Education
Broaden your knowledge and practice in teaching and learning mathematics. This concentration offers a range of opportunities to develop your expertise in mathematics and in the methods of teaching mathematics to meet the needs of diverse learners. Courses emphasize connections between K-16 mathematics content and effective, research-based instructional strategies.
- Educational Technology
Integrate technology into curriculum and the classroom while preparing professionals from K-12 and related environments to improve students’ learning experience, technology skills, and a leadership role involving technology. This concentration delivers an optional graduate certificate.
Create a Flexible Career in Education
When you look at the employment statistics for positions in education that demand a graduate degree like the master’s in curriculum and instruction, you’ll see a strong focus on helping all students thrive within their academic abilities.
- Job growth is up by as much as 18%.2
- 38% of positions require a graduate degree.3
To find out more about the online MS in Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Purdue click here or call 877-497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor.
1 College Values Online, 2016-17.
2 Bureau of Labor and Statistics for the titles of educational administration, postsecondary teachers, special education, and instructional coordinators, designers and technologists.
3 Burning Glass.