Expand your expertise and position yourself as a leader in the field. This advanced special education licensure is for passionate educators who value all students and want to help them achieve their academic and behavioral potential.
You’ll learn to use the latest instructional, behavioral, and communication strategies with the latest technology and research to meet the unique needs of students with learning disabilities, mild developmental disabilities, emotional behavioral disorders and high functioning autism.
Learning Pathways and Interventions
- Convenient online classes
- Interact with peers across the state and beyond in engaging online courses that are aligned to CEC 2020 Standards
- Add a Blended and Online Teaching License without additional courses
- Alignment with edTPA measures
- 1-on-1 support through a dedicated licensure office
- Assistance with field placement for student teaching and/or practicum
Click to see Program Roadmap for each Learning Concentration:
The programs listed below are for candidates seeking licensure only in special education. Candidates looking for a master's degree in special education can learn more about the online Master's of Education in Special Education Program.
Initial Licensure (for candidates not currently licensed):
See the courses page for details
Unsure of which path to choose? Click here to access our pathway resource to determine which program and/or licensure is best for you.