Expand your expertise and position yourself as a leader in the field. This advanced special education degree is for passionate educators who value all students and want to help them achieve their academic and behavioral potential.
You’ll learn to use the latest instructional, behavioral, and communication strategies with the latest technology and research to meet the unique needs of students with learning disabilities, mild developmental disabilities, emotional behavioral disorders and high functioning autism. Find more information on the licensure-only programs here.
Learning Pathways and Interventions
- Convenient online classes
- Interact with peers across the state and beyond in engaging online courses that are aligned to CEC 2020 Standards
- Add a Blended and Online Teaching License without additional courses
- Alignment with edTPA measures
- 1-on-1 support through a dedicated licensure office
- Assistance with field placement for student teaching and/or practicum
Click to see Program Roadmap for each Learning Concentration:
The programs listed below are for candidates seeking a Master's degree in special education with licensure and non-licensure options. Candidates looking for licensure only can learn more about the Special Education Licensure Only Program.
Initial Licensure (for teachers not currently licensed):
- MSEd in Special Education — Initial Mild Only Licensure
- MSEd in Special Education — Initial Mild & Intense Licensure
Additional Licensure (for teachers already licensed looking to add special education licensure):
See the courses page for details.
Unsure of which path to choose? Access our pathway resource to determine which program and/or licensure is best for you.